Are you tired of dealing with missing teeth or uncomfortable dentures?
Look no further than dental implants, the revolutionary solution that can transform your smile and restore your confidence. At Cosmetic Dental Implant Solutions, we specialize in providing top-quality dental implant treatments that offer remarkable advantages over traditional tooth replacement options.
Before making a decision on getting dental implants, you probably have some concerns about them.
- How long do dental implants last? Dental implants are designed to last a lifetime, as long as you regularly brush and floss your teeth, and attend your regular dental check ups. The crown, though, only lasts up to 15 years and will likely need to be replaced due to wear and tear.
- What are the most common problems with dental implants? The most common problem is that you have a risk of infection at the implant site. However, you can also develop nerve damage, injury or damage to other teeth or blood vessels, bleeding, or your implant can come loose overtime.
- What are the best dental implants? Endosteal implants have the highest success rate, but you can also get subperiosteal implants as an alternative.
- What are the stages of getting a dental implant? There are multiple steps involved to get a dental implant. These steps include damaged tooth removal, jawbone preparation, bone growth and healing, abutment placement, and artificial tooth placement.
From beginning to end, you can expect this process to take a few months, as much of this time is devoted to healing and waiting for the growth of the new bone in your jaw. Depending on the type of dental implant you choose, this can take less time if the steps are combined.
What exactly are dental implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that serve as a permanent foundation for replacement teeth. Unlike dentures or bridges, dental implants offer a secure, long-term solution for individuals with missing teeth, failing teeth, or chronic dental issues.
The dental implant procedure is straightforward, and typically does not take any longer than two hours depending on how many implants you need. To better understand how do dental implants work, surgery consists of replacing your tooth roots with metal posts and replacing any missing or damaged teeth with artificial teeth.
These artificial teeth look like natural teeth. The types of dental implants can affect how surgery is performed and how long it takes. There are three dental implant types:
Endosteal: Endosteal implants are the most common type of dental implants, as they generally work well for most patients. However, your jaw bone must be healthy for this type of implant. Endosteal implants are placeholder posts that are shaped like screws.
Subperiosteal: Subperiosteal implants is a common alternative to endosteal implants, but instead of being placed into the jawbone, they rest on top of your bone, but are still under your gums. A metal frame goes underneath your gum and a post is attached to it. Your gum eventually heals around the frame, holding it in place. The artificial teeth are secured to these poles.
Zygomatic: Zygomatic implants are not very common because this option is only chosen if you don’t have a good enough jaw bone for the endosteal implant. Instead of your jawbone, the implant is placed inside of your cheekbone.
Discover the Life-Changing Benefits of Dental Implants for a Confident Smile
Why choose dental implants? Here are just a few reasons:
- Natural Look and Feel: Dental implants are designed to closely resemble your natural teeth in both appearance and function. You’ll enjoy a seamless smile that feels and functions just like your own teeth.
- Enhanced Comfort and Stability: With dental implants, you can say goodbye to the discomfort and inconvenience of removable dentures. The titanium implant fixture fuses with your jawbone over time, creating a strong and stable anchor for your replacement teeth.
- Improved Oral Health: Dental implants not only fill the gaps left by missing teeth but also help maintain the health and integrity of your jawbone. The dental implant healing stages are minimal, as it takes about two weeks for your mouth to feel back to normal. By stimulating bone growth and preventing bone loss, implants promote long-term oral health.
- Longevity and Durability: Unlike other tooth replacement options that may require frequent repairs or replacements, dental implants are built to last. With proper care and maintenance, they can provide a lifetime of reliable performance.
At Cosmetic Dental Implant Solutions, our skilled team of professionals specializes in dental implant treatments tailored to your unique needs. From single-tooth replacements to full arch restorations, we have the expertise to transform your smile with precision and care.
Don’t let missing teeth hold you back any longer. Take the first step toward a confident, complete smile by scheduling a consultation with our experienced dental implant specialists. Together, we’ll develop a personalized treatment plan that suits your goals, budget, and timeline.
Experience the life-changing benefits of dental implants and regain the joy of a beautiful, functional smile.